Building and maintaining strong partnerships has been a part of our identity since CENIT was founded in 1988. Thanks to our corporate culture, we are well prepared for the challenges posed by the fact that added value in platform economy must be well embedded in cross-company networks.
Our teams are well aware of tomorrow’s process benchmarks because as an IT partner, we maintain close ties to sector-defining businesses – with OEMs in the automotive and aerospace industries or leading corporations from the financial sector. For our long-standing clients, we are a trusted advisor and partner who provides strategic support in digitalizing and automating business-critical processes. And from CENIT’s involvement in industry-related research, valuable innovations can be derived for all participants in our network.
Another major aspect of our strategic position and our ability to assist clients in successful digital transformation is our collaboration with software companies that offer future-proof standards for integrated and automated end-to-end processes. First and foremost among these are our strategic partnerships with Dassault Systèmes, SAP and IBM.
In this context, the agenda of our CENIT 2025 Strategy contains two vital priorities. For one, to intensify our trust-based collaboration with our strategic software partners and to reinforce our position in the respective VAR (value added reseller) networks.
For another, to develop new solutions for process-driven integration of IT systems. Because anyone who wants to digitally control, analyze and implement business processes along the entire value chain needs platforms that together form a digital backbone.
I believe that a short overview of selected milestones shows that we have achieved a great deal of success toward our goal of strengthening partnerships:
- In 2020, Dassault Systèmes again certified us as Platinum Partner for all major countries, a tribute to our sales successes, but more importantly the outstanding quality of our projects and the competency of our consultants across the solutions portfolio of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- We are also expanding our position as largest global Dassault Systèmes partner to include cloud applications, as demonstrated by ongoing client projects.
- SAP recommends our solution as best practice: "SAP Engineering Control Center interface to 3DEXPERIENCE" is included in the SAP price list as a solution extension. Our approach differs considerably from traditional interfaces between systems because it focuses on cross-system process control. When users perform their tasks within business process, they move freely across both platforms.
- We are integrating our open 3D simulation solution FASTSUITE Edition 2 for the digital factory with our clients’ PLM systems as well as with their shop floor control systems. Among others, we have integrated FASTSUITE Edition 2 and SAP ECTR.
- At the 2020 Hannover Messe , we will support SAP in demonstrating the “design to operate” approach and offer our comprehensive process expertise to manufacturing enterprises that want to leverage this closed-loop approach to enhance their competitive edge.
- We are intensifying our partnership with IBM regarding the realization of AI applications that offer tangible benefits. To this end, our information management experts are integrating the respective AI applications with the client’s legacy ECM landscape. All activities include strategic co-consulting on a cloud-enabled architecture which is implemented as required.
- Since automation and robotics are becoming ever more important, Prima Power and Siasun have decided to choose the digital factory solution FASTSUITE as software platform for their laser machines. The machine builders work closely with our team and their technical know-how is directly fed into the software.
We have been talking about IT expertise and technologies. I take this to include another element which I have not expressly mentioned so far: Cross-enterprise networks must be oriented on our perspective as humans. The changes inherent in digitalization are massive. Whether this change is successful also depends on whether we as decision-makers will be able to turn this orientation into business action.
I hope that we at CENIT will succeed in this endeavor, and with this goal in mind I wish to personally thank you for our many excellent person-to-person connections – with clients, partners and CENIT employees.