Management of joining elements in CATIA
With FASTJOINT, CENIT offers an exceptional option for the associative management of elaborate joints on complex products. All relevant data of the various joining elements (riveting, spot welding, clinching, ...) are reflected in a 3D model.
The product model-integrated management of CATIA V5 creates a highly efficient and simple working environment for design and change management.
FASTJOINT – associative administration of fasteners
FASTJOINT is seamlessly integrated in the powerful CATIA V5 infrastructure and with associative data management in the assembly group model enables comprehensive and automated reuse in the downstream areas: assembly planning and manufacturing.
Direct integration enables a streamlined process and thanks to the offline programming system FASTTIP that is also integrated in CATIA/DELMIA, this results in an extremely comfortable connection for programming and simulation of automated assembly systems.
- Intuitive and centralized working environment for the management of large volumes of joining elements
- Assignment of joining elements in the shell structure
- Simple setting, copying, moving and mirroring of fasteners
- Valuable support in the Change Management workflow through the targeted exchange and modification of individual fasteners or entire groups of fasteners
- Flexible links to customer-specific standard parts catalogs
- Targeted consistency checks (completeness and unambiguousness)
- Efficient re-use of model-integrated fastener data for assembly planning and manufacturing
- Direct and comfortable use of joining element data for programming assembly facilities (FASTTIP)
- Convenient export to XML (and other file types)
- Fully integrated in CATIA/DELMIA V5
- Consistent and product-associative data structure based on CATIA objects
- Known operation in line with the CATIA philosophy
- Automated functions for design changes (e.g.: automatic update once a component is changed)
- Omission of repeated manual data entries
- Redundancy-free data management
- Streamlines data usage from construction to manufacturing
- Convenient and simple management of large data volume of all fasteners
- Security thanks to automated functions for changes
- Maximum performance thanks to permanent logical referencing between fasteners to the joints, as well as between fasteners and the associated components
- Intuitive and user-friendly working environment
- Error-reduction through context checks
- Open architecture