ENOVIA – Inter-Divisional Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
International competition and increasing product complexity is forcing manufacturing businesses from all industries to optimize their entire product development process to save time and costs while maintaining at least the same degree of quality. A prerequisite for this is a flexible, collaborative development environment for the administration of the entire product development process.
ENOVIA offers new opportunities of digital collaboration in 3D for small and large businesses and offers them the opportunity to take full command of the development and lifecycle management of even more complex products.
- Products tend to contain an increasing amount of electronics and software components
- Multidisciplinary development without a look at the overall system
- More and more departments and external partners are involved in the development of a product
- Product data is distributed in various systems without being sensibly linked and without central access
- Covering the explosion of product variants in niche markets
- Product complexity increases the more global the customer basis gets
- Customer needs and quick technical progress call for shorter innovation and development cycles
- Changes are complicated, are not documented neatly and are not traceable
- Overall BOM prone to errors or BOM in which all relevant components of a product are included completely and in the correct revision statuses does not exist
- Extensive costs for the creation and maintenance of own BOMs for special use e.g. for purchasing or assembly. In the case of changes, derived BOMs have to be manually adapted or are no longer up to date
- Difficult corporate-wide communication, as employees have access to different data and information in distributed systems
- Missing transparency on topicality of BOMs and the components contained therein
- Wrong decisions based on outdated and missing information
- Complicated and error-prone configuration and verification management, high output prior to audits and for certifications
- 3D data and drawings are not available to many users in the company
- A central PLM database that all applications are based on secures the topicality and the availability of all necessary information
- Online applications provide information through direct access to the PLM database to locations distributed worldwide. Information can be called in an authorization-based manner by everyone involved in the project in real-time
- Fully integrated functions, e.g. for requirement, project, product data, document and BOM management are available as options
- Sensible linking of all data in accordance with the RFLP approach: Requirements, Functional, Logical, Physical
- Direct integration of standard authoring tools (M-CAD, E-CAD, Office, …) within the PLM backbone
- Material Compliance Management and connection to the IMDS database
- Access to all PLM data via a uniform continuous interface. All information is available in one system and can be sensibly linked
- Visualization of 3D and drawing data directly via web interface for all users
- PLM metadata (status, revision status, item number, etc.) can be directly shown in the 3D view and projected to the geometry via color marking, in this manner accelerating evaluations and decisions
- Extensive functions for variant and configuration management
- Integration in PLM and ERP systems available
- Use of industry best practices enables the quick adaption of proven processes and standards in your own company
The typical challenges of businesses from all industries and of all sizes in terms of the management of all relevant processes of the product development process can be implemented with a holistic and consistent PLM-based approach:
- ENOVIA V6 is the enterprise PLM solution for the holistic and enterprise-wide management and control of all product data and processes of the entire product lifecycle with consistent methods, models and tools from development and production to sales, maintenance and disposal along the extended logistics chain. ENOVIA V6 offers industry-related preconfigured best-practice methods for all essential PLM processes that can be optionally adapted to company-specific requirements. With its scalable infrastructure, ENOVIA V6 offers the high-performance PLM platform for small and medium-sized companies as well as for globally active major corporations with thousands of users.
- ENOVIA SmarTeam offers a team-oriented, quickly implemented product data management solution for small and medium-sized enterprises. ENOVIA SmarTeam offers simple options for product data management, versioning and status control of CAD data and for all PLM documents relevant for the design process.
- ENOVIA solutions can be seamlessly integrated with ERP, PLM and many other authoring systems via standard interfaces. For instance, with Connect Integration für V6 CENIT has developed cross-process integration between ENOVIA V6 and SAP PLM.
- Assessment and analysis of the entire product development process and all relevant subareas
- Conceptual design and specification of PDM/PLM introduction and migration projects
- Consulting and support in the definition and implementation of integrated item management and BOM processes
- Analysis, conceptual design and implementation of strategies for the integration of PLM and ERP systems
- When deploying ENOVIA V6 Rapid Application Configuration Environment (RACE), preconfigured and release-compatible standards by Dassault Systèmes are available for quick implementation.
- ITIL-compliant operative support (Application Management Services) for ENOVIA PLM solutions
V6 has made us a great deal more transparent and efficient in terms of development and design. Locating product data is quick and easy, and being able to do parallel work on products saves plenty of time.
With a large and diversified PLM team, CENIT assures support and offers solutions for a wide range of ENOVIA V6 problems in no time.
Especially CENIT´s extensive experience in process management is a true blessing for us.