Management of joining elements in CATIA
With FASTJOINT, CENIT offers an exceptional option for the associative management of elaborate joints on complex products. All relevant data of the various joining elements (riveting, spot welding, clinching, ...) are reflected in a 3D model.
The product model-integrated management of CATIA V5 creates a highly efficient and simple working environment for design and change management.
FASTJOINT is seamlessly integrated in the powerful CATIA V5 infrastructure, and the associative data management in the assembly group model enables comprehensive and automated reuse in the downstream areas: assembly planning and manufacturing.
Direct integration enables a streamlined process and thanks to the offline programming system FASTTIP that is also integrated in CATIA/DELMIA, this results in an extremely comfortable connection for programming and simulation of automated assembly systems.
- Intuitive and centralized working environment for the management of large volumes of joining elements
- Assignment of joining elements in the shell structure
- Simple setting, copying, moving and mirroring of fasteners
- Valuable support in the Change Management workflow through the targeted exchange and modification of individual fasteners or entire groups of fasteners
- Flexible links to customer-specific standard parts catalogs
- Targeted consistency checks (completeness and unambiguousness)
- Efficient re-use of model-integrated fastener data for assembly planning and manufacturing
- Direct and comfortable use of joining element data for programming assembly facilities (FASTTIP)
- Convenient export to XML (and other file types)
- Realistic and comprehensive simulation of the NC program
- Independent from programming system
- Productivity and quality increase
- Considerably optimized process security
- Reduction of setup times