SAP ENGINEERING CONTROL CENTER (SAP ECTR)
The SAP Engineering Control Center (SAP ECTR) is a strategic integration platform of author systems that links engineering with all other business processes. As successor solution to SAP’s discontinued CAD Desktop, SAP ECTR assures easy updating and long-term investment security for all of SAP’s upcoming innovations.
By realizing a consistent data model in SAP, SAP ECTR lays the foundation for digitalization strategies in all manufacturing businesses that rely on SAP as an enterprise software. With more than 25 years of experience in SAP PLM projects and as SAP Platinum Partner, we are pleased to respond to any questions and projects related to SAP ECTR.
To make introduction lean and low-risk, we offer SAP ECTR and intelligent process support as a precisely defined but scalable fixed-price package, the CENIT SAP PLM Foundation. Please see our customer references for information on how best-practice solutions were used to introduce the solution at Paul VAHLE and Leifheit, and what challenges were successfully overcome in the process.
Integrating SAP ECTR with the SAP Architecture
SAP ECTR Highlights:
- Simple and intuitive access to all product data, enabling early-phase management and sharing of CAD data across the entire business (e.g. purchasing, production and service divisions)
- Intelligent overview functions, e.g. for multi-level product hierarchies, assembly structures and CAD models
- Personalized display via customized overview fields, e.g. with / without assembly structures or 3D Viewer display of CAD models
- Simple generation of material masters and automated generation of BOMs
- Intuitive navigation and operation using familiar Windows© functions, e.g. drag & drop
- Available for SAP Business Suite (SAP© ECC 6.0) and SAP S/4HANA©
Core Functions of SAP ECTR
- Merging of data and functions of heterogeneous applications into a unified platform via SAP PLM
- Consistent product data across business divisions
- Intuitive graphic interface providing access to extensive product information
- Easy maintenance and generation of versions, releases and changes
- Transparent display of the entire product, incl. mechanical, electronic, software and simulation data
- Support of functions for trans-business collaboration, e.g. to implement systems engineering concepts
- Windows-type context menu: no transaction codes required
- Display of current product data via an integrated 3D Viewer
- Integrated production planning using consistent product data thanks to seamless integration with the SAP ECTR add-on: Factory Control Center (FCTR)
For an overview of the functions and user interface of the SAP ECTR, please see our YouTube Video from the PLM & Vinyl series.
Efficient Introduction and Partnership-Based Support
As experienced experts, we provide all-round support for your SAP ECTR project, from strategic consulting to project implementation to after-sales assistance via our Managed Services. We are pleased to be available at any time for additional information, personal product presentations and consulting discussions. Get in touch!
The engineering integration is ready for migration to SAP S/4HANA and comes as an easily updatable, near-standard system
- Process efficiency:
accelerated time to market thanks to digital continuity, incl. availability of engineering data for downstream processes (directly in SAP) and integration of various author systems
- Enhanced user acceptance:
intuitive operation – no SAP skills required on the part of technical staff
- Improved decision-making:
Overview functions make engineering product data available for use by other divisions such as purchasing
- Greater competitiveness:
Reduced error rate thanks to SAP data consistency along the entire value chain